Friday, October 5, 2012

Thrifty to Trendy: Black Blouse & Turquoise Pants

As promised, I will regularly be doing posts called Thrifty to Trendy to show you how I used a thrifted item in an outfit (check out my first T to T post here). One of the perks of using vintage or thrifted pieces is definitely the unique characteristics you are sure to get in your item. No one else will be wearing anything like it, and I think that's a coveted quality (at least for me ) in fashion. There is nothing worse then wearing something on trend, only to find every other person wearing the same exact piece. Part of me doesn't like the idea of being uber trendy, the best way to do it is to mix popular trends with unique pieces that really reflect who you are. It also shows you're not a slave to trends.

Here is my "Thrifty to Trendy" outfit, shot by by friend Priya Crasto (you can see her other work here) - now which item is thrifted? I'll let you be the judge!  Is it the black blouse? The turquoise pants? The necklace?  Ooooh the plot thickens...or it might be super easy to guess!

Is anyone else TGIFing today? Have a great Thanksgiving weekend - I know I will :) Having my friends over tonight and then making a big family dinner on Sunday at my Mama's (it's her first Thanksgiving even though we've been in Canada for almost 20 yrs). We did manage to get a halal turkey (Muslim version of kosher) so she could eat it. I shall let you know how our halal Thanksgiving goes next week - I'm sure I'll have some great Mama Hasan quotes to share!






I HIGHLY recommend Priya for your photography needs, she was awesome! If you're in the Greater Toronto Area, you can reach out to her at crasto.priya@gmail.com for photoshoots of your own, (engagement shoots, outfit shoots, headshots etc) and don't forget to mention that I referred you!

2 comments:

  1. I am in LOVE with those pants! Where are they from?

    Zahra


    www.lovezahra.com

    ReplyDelete