Toronto is one of those cities where there are a wide range of fun party possibilities for NYE, from super glamourous to low-key depending on your mood. This year my husband and I have been invited to our best friends' place for a NYE party (cocktail attire) in the heart of the city (actually a few blocks from where we are) which makes it a perfect option. The only question now is whatever shall I wear? Of course I have a few ideas circulating in my mind which I've humbly decided to share with you all! lol argh i'm dishing all my secrets! But I just can't help it!
So here are my top picks for what to wear on NYE- I haven't decided which one I'll be wearing but it will definitely be one of these options....
1. FANCY JUMPSUITS - love this chic, one piece trend for the holidays. Jumpsuits hit the fashion circuits a few years ago but in a more casual rendition. Now they're being re-invented for more formal attire which I LOVE. I wore a vintage one myself to my friends birthday a few weeks ago, seen below.
Emma Stone in Lanvin Me in Vintage Cameron Diaz
|Vintage white jumpsuit I got from Common Sort (Toronto)|
2. MATCHING PRINTED SUITS - this is a fierce trend blazing the red carpets this fall and winter. There is nothing more fashion forward then a matching, printed suit, worn with either pants or shorts. Love this menswear inspired trend if you want to stand out at the party!
Emma Stone in Nanette Lepore: Karolina Kurkova in Roberto Cavalli
|Suits with shorts!|
3. LBD - is there anything more classic then a little black dress? You cannot go wrong with this classic choice, and there is such a range of LBDs you can get depending on how glammed up you want to be! Also you can always wear a simpler version and dress it up with the right accessories for your night out!
|Emma Stone in an "Old-Hollywood" inspired Miu Miu|
|For the bling lover- this Prabal Gurung LBD is fab|
|This Dior LBD is the epitome of classic beauty on Marion Cotillard|
4. VELVET - who would've thunk it that this 80's fav would make a come-back! Well if we know anything about fashion we know that it is cyclical, and this trend is back but in a MUCH more modern silhouette. (Tip: scour vintage stores in your city to get an affordable version of this trend)
|Katie Holmes in Tom Ford|
|Kim K in Gucci Fall 2012|
5. Floor Length Coverage - Here is a trend for those who are attending a fancier, formal party. There is nothing more elegant and sexy then a floor length, full sleeved gown, I am a firm believer that you don't need to show everything feel attractive! A little mystery goes a long way...
|Princess Kate fresh off her controversial hospital stay, looking beautiful in McQueen|
|Cate Blanchette in Givenchy|
|SJP in Erdem|
I hope these suggestions help! I know I'll be rocking ONE of these trends, stay tuned to find out which one :)
What will you be doing and wearing for New Year's Eve?