Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Floral Pants (just hear me out)

The title of this post might have scared you, you might have thought "WTF!! Absolutely NOT!!" and clicked away to some trashy celebrity gossip site or YouTube to watch kittens play. But I'm glad you didn't, because I'm here to alleviate this potentially debilitating floral-pant anxiety that us women and (open-minded men) carry with us on the daily. Lets embrace flowers in our pants, and rejoice in the variety of floral pants that are out there -how can you reach this nirvana you ask? Well, if we know HOW to adorn our butts in flowers, only then can we reach a level of consciousness that takes away our floral pant anxiety (which is really a fear-based projection). Lets heal together!
 Here are some examples of outfits with floral pants (including me, I practice what I preach yo) - to help you figure out how to incorporate this trend into your life:

Outfit #1: You can absolutely pair floral pants with a bold colour, but you must add neutrals to balance out the look - so the black tank top and nude pumps seal the deal. Add metallic accessories (also another kind of neutral) to complete the look. I got mine from Zara for $40.

Outfit #2: If you're less adventurous, then combine the pants with all neutrals; in this case I chose black.


Some other no-name examples of  floral pant healing
My personal favourite is #2 from the left: Olivia Palermo

Also note that the kind I have are of the PJ variety (my fav variety, I might add) but there are some sexified, tight skinnies that are out there as well.

And BAMMM you've been healed! Hallelujah!

7 comments:

  1. Nice outfit ! I like it :)

    http://keep-it-coolandfresh.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) the most effort I've put in an outfit in a while lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is perfect! Florals are the one trend I've been hesitant to try- even though I do love it on other people. I'm dying to know how you made the career switch though- do tell!


    Zahra

    www.lovezahra.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Zahra, lets just say the switch took about 2 yrs of planning with the support of my husband and fam...lol but would never go back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love floral pants!!

    www.onegirlsempire.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outfit #1 is incredibly chic! I love how you styled the pants and you look gorgeous!

    www.chasingskylines.com

    ReplyDelete