Now for the fashion - I really hope everyone toned it down because they were saving it for the Oscars (Anne Hathaway I'm looking at you)...because I expected more from her, Jessica Chastain and Jennifer Lawrence. I mean, this was their night! Why was Julianne Hough wearing 35 laser-cut layers of white tulle with a 24k gold-plated bodice and Anne Hathaway was in some meh two piece? 2013 must be the year of opposites.
Ok now for the list; here are my picks for Best and Worst Dressed;
1. The best dressed of the night was definitely Kate Hudson. She claimed that this Alexander McQueen fitted dress with the plunging neckline was a last minute choice; but even in her haste she made it to the top of the list! Its effortless yet risky, love love love.
|Kate Hudson in McQueen|
2. Naomi Watts makes it almost to the top of the list with this elegant and beautiful deep red Zac Posen gown. She was a nominee and it was her night to celebrate, she certainly looked like the belle of the ball!
3. Kerry Washington gave a harrowing performance in Django Unchained, and she has been looking fierce on many red carpets lately. Here she rocked this Miu Miu tea length dress, it had just the right amount of glitter and edge. I just wish her hair would have been off her face!
|Kerry Washington in Miu Miut|
4. Julianne Moore is one of my style favs - and she is 52! Can you believe it? Her and Jodie Foster really give all women hope that life is fabulous after 50! She apparently called up her dear friend Tom Ford and asked him to make this custom dress (ofcourse she did), and ofcourse Mr. Ford did an unbelievably chic job. Moore always takes risks on the red carpet and I love her for it!
|Julianne Moore in Tom Ford|
5. Not sure why she attends these award shows, when was the last time she acted in, directed, or wrote anything? I guess she does look good though, not sure what she is wearing. Sorry, you can Google it.
|Jessica Alba in Oscar de la Renta|
WORST: (in descending order)
5. Oh Taylor Swift. Right off a tumultuous, heart-wrenching, torrid romance with that 18 yr old from X-Factor, Taylor is suddenly acting all demure. She has a tendency to either be too Prommy circa 2006 or dress about 10 yrs older then she is. Well, this is the latter. The colour, the cut (sideboob and all) of this Donna Karen gown along with the hair and makeup just did not do anything for her newly single, 23 yr old look! C'mon girl show em what they're missing! (But as Tina Fey put it; Taylor just needs some me-time for now).
|Taylor Swift in Donna Karan|
|Zooey Deschanel in Oscar de la Renta|
|Lena Dunham in Zac Posen|
|Julianne Hough's Pouf|
1. And the absolute WORST dressed was by far J to the LO, aka Jenny from the Block, aka Jennifer Lopez. Her Zuhair Murad dress was a cross betwen a lace tablecloth turned into a figure-skating body suit. What is going onnnn? The presenters were over-dressed and the nominees were 'humbly' underwhelming. I guess J LO is not one to tone it down, but she can do so much better!
|Jennifer Lopez wearing who else, Zuhair Murad!|
|Emily Blunt in Michael Kors|
|Nicole Kidman in McQueen|
|Jennifer Lawrence (aka JLaw) in Dior couture, the weird cup situation was very distracting|
|Anne Hathaway in this...whatever.|
|Jessica Chastain wins for the most ill-fitted dress of the evening|