Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cannes 2012 Fashion: For Better or For Worse

Usually I am dying to post a judgy piece about whoworewhat at events like Cannes. But this time, I wasn't overly enthused by the red carpet options so I will only talk about a few celebs who made an effort, for better or for worse. 

For Better:

Diane Kruger - she has one of the best, if not THE best styles in Hollywood as far as I'm concerned. She is the epitome of effortless-chic, trendsetting without even trying: I LOVE HER - and she paraded her amazing style all over Cannes 2012, if it wasn't for her, I probably wouldn't even post on Cannes this year.






Kirsten Dunst- ok so Kirsten had some redeeming to do after her horrendous MET Ball ensemble, and redemption has been had! She came to Cannes for her movie On the Road and I think she got a new stylist since the MET Ball- obviously she took my advice...OBVS




Marion Cotillard - another one of my style favs, Marion only showed us two outfits, but they were so....French chic!


My Tilda: she attended Cannes for the premiere of Moonrise Kingdom (which I cannot wait to see!) and of course she came in full Tilda style. But she could wear a garbage bag and she would still end up on my best-dressed list.




For Worse:  

Freida Pinto - Such a gorgeous girl (when she gets it right) So the first dress looks like the top half threw up pink juice on the bottom half, the black dress completely ages her and the yellow is okay at best. Oh Freida, can I style you please?




Aishwarya Rai - amid ridiculous controversy regarding her weight, Aishwarya Rai showed up at Cannes in horrible outfit choices :( This was really disappointing to see because Cannes could have been a great opportunity for her to shut the critics up. She's usually a showstopper at Cannes and even now she is clearly still gorgeous IF STYLED PROPERLY, but alas she wasn't...



Honourable Mentions: 



And that's my Cannes fashion roundup! Who was your favourite??

No comments:

Post a Comment